HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Vision of one, needs the Power of many.
Let the fruits of your actions speak.
Whatever the mind can believe, the mind can achieve.
What the mind dwells, the body acts upon.

Share | 

Red Bull FLOOR

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Red Bull FLOOR   Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:01 pm

I do think the fans of F1 heard about the slot in the Floor of Red Bull, so what are opinions about it ?? Do you really think it was the clue behind their success during the past Grand Prix ??
Back to top Go down
http://www.hieqs.org
carl21

PostSubject: RED BULL   Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:47 pm

WHAT A TEAM Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lies

PostSubject: Re: Red Bull FLOOR   Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 pm

I think that either the organization forbid it, or that they (next season) all will use the same technique or even better. I don't hear a lot of opinions about it in my environment, but I guess it comes because it is way to new and they all are waiting for the rule: aloud or not aloud.

Was it their succes? I don't know: you also must handle a car and hold it on for a long season. A car with such a floor can also makes the car weaker when they are bumping in to each other.

It reminds me of the law of physical/ dynamic: action= reaction.
Back to top Go down
carl21

PostSubject: Red Bull FLOOR   Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:07 pm

yeahhh cheers
Back to top Go down
deeshal

PostSubject: Re: Red Bull FLOOR   Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:37 am

Red bull is a very cunning team... Although the rules state that the surface of the floor has to be free of slits/holes, red bull tried a double floor slot. Cleverly what they tried to do was to exploit the tyre squirt in front of the tyre to feed the diffuser and also inject fast flowing/high energy flow at the rear of the tyre where the air is sort of turbulent and disrupted. This thus create a low pressure area which increases downforce and better rear end balance... This was banned, but the most interesting thing is that they have been trying for month to try to blow the diffuser in an attempt to increase downforce at the rear and has now succeeded. They now have a slot (this one is legal as its just part of the side pod) near the coke bottle area of the rear end underneath their exhaust. Whilst the air at the top i.e from the exhaust is ramped down through the normal route, the air coming from the side pod is routed through the slot underneath the exhaust meeting at the diffuser end, hence reaching a specific point. this thus creates more predictable and efficient downforce as compared to the others. Red bull guide the air to specific parts of the car more precisely through this method whilst others use more of the coanda effect and air from the side pod and car profile to re route the air toward the brake ducts and the diffuser to get downforce but since they don't use a ramp to guide the air, it is more difficult for them to get it exactly where they want hence loses downforce. With the increase in downforce red bull can then run higher rake and also set up their car much easier than others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hieqs.org
Lies

PostSubject: Re: Red Bull FLOOR   Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:50 pm

but now the most teams will know it: I'm really curious how this story will proceed: nice text by the way!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Bull FLOOR   

Back to top Go down

Red Bull FLOOR
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HIEQS :: F1 Technology & Aerodynamics-
Jump to: